Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books. As an avid reader, I’ve done some out of the ordinary things in the name of reading, but I wouldn’t say any of them were truly outrageous (though, I might be a little biased).
- Read in the back of class. I used to drive teachers up the wall by choosing the furthest back seat and reading the entire class.
- Waiting for a midnight release. For the last four or so Harry Potter books, I did the whole wait-outside-the-store-for-the-book-to-come-out-at-midnight-with-a-bunch-of-other-cold-nerds thing.
- Added just one more book to my shopping cart to meet the shipping minimum. Then maybe one more just for good measure.
- Traveled five hours for a book signing. It was worth it.
- Cancelled plans because the plot of my latest read just got really good and I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS.