Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is characters that remind me of myself. This was a super hard list for me to write – I’m not the kind of reader who necessarily strives to see myself in the characters I’m reading about. So instead I’ve decided to list some of my favorite characters who I wish I could be a little more like.
- Mark Watney – The Marian – He’s resourceful, witty, and funny even in the face of disaster.
- Hermione – Harry Potter – She’s tough and wickedly smart. Plus, she’s fiercely loyal to her friends.
- Katniss – The Hunger Games – Another tough and resourceful character. She puts everyone else above herself.
- Hazel – The Fault in our Stars – She’s an incredibly resilient and brave character.
- Cath – Fangirl – In the end, she ends up confident with who she is.