Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is Unpopular Bookish Opinions. For the most part, I generally side with the majority in terms of my bookish opinions, so I’m going to keep this week’s list short.
- I don’t like long series. I know some people just want their favorite series to keep going and going, but for me, I will pass on a book if the series it’s a part of is longer than three books.
- Sometimes I like eBooks better than physical ones. While eBooks are on the rise, most people (especially bloggers) prefer to read paperbacks and hardcovers. I find that I actually read faster when I’m reading on my Kindle plus the ability to read with the lights off is a massive plus for eBooks.
- I don’t like the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series (like at all). This might be a little specific, but the books are uber-popular right now and are generally very well liked. I, personally, can’t find the appeal in them, but it’s great that other people have been enjoying them.
- I’ve never read anything by Sarah J Maas. While this isn’t really an opinion, I feel like every blogger I follow has read everything written by Sarah J Maas and loved all of them. Sooner or later I’ll get on that hype train, but for now I’m definitely in the minority.
- I prefer secondhand books to new ones. There’s something nice about a book whose spine has already been broken in – plus, you never pay for full cover price. There’s nothing like shopping in a good used bookstore and finding that one book you’ve been looking for for ages.