Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is Book Events/Festivals I’d Love to Go to Someday. As a book blogger not located on the east coast of the United States, I definitely have a lot fewer opportunities to attend author events. Over the last ten years, I’ve definitely accumulated a list of events that I want to go to one day.
- Book Expo America – this one is kinda the grand slam of publishing events – all the major publishers and there and a ton of authors. It seems like a great place to network and meet other bloggers
- YALLFEST – Though I don’t read YA as much as I used to, it would definitely be a cool event to attend
- San Diego Comic Con – Though this convention is now focused on TV and Movies, a ton of publishers attend
- Portland Book Festival – This festival is a small, intimate book festival focused on readers rather than publishing professionals. They always have a phenomenal line up of author readings and signings.
- Specific author signings: I’d love to attend a ton of different authors’ signings. Some that come to the top of my mind are: Katherine Center, Stephanie Perkins, Christina Lauren, Evie Dunmore, and more.