I feel super lucky to have won this award for the fourth time! Thank you so much to Kayla for nominating me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
My answers to Kayla’s questions…
How did you get into book blogging?
I originally got into blogging after I had to write a book review for a class I took. I got hooked and decided to explore the online book community!
How many books do you have on your TBR?
About ten right now (I got a bunch of review copies that made it less manageable).
Are there any authors you’ll read every book by without knowing the premise?
JK Rowling or Andy Weir, for sure.
3 books you’d want to have with you on a desert island?
The Martian, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
What’s your reading goal this year? How many books?
I want to read 50 books this year. Ultimately, I am trying to read fewer bad books (by reading reviews and not buying any book with a pretty cover).
What do you do to get you through a reading slump?
I always go back to one of the books I know I love! Often it’s The Martian, Ready Player One, Anna and the French Kiss, etc.
Any popular books you don’t like? Why?
I really didn’t care for Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I’m still super bummed I didn’t enjoy that book more, but for some reason I really didn’t click with it.
What’s your go-to book recommendation?
The Martian, hands down. I’ve bought at least four friends a copy of that book!
How many pages do you prefer your books to have?
I don’t have a preference, it’s all about how well those pages are used. I’ve had plenty of super short books that really packed a lot in, and some of my favorite books in the world are more than 400 pages!
Do you read books before the movie/TV adaptation is released?
Yes, I try to (though sometimes I break the rules and watch the show first).
What movie/TV adaptation most pleased you and why?
The Martian’s movie really impressed me. The book was still better, but the movie really killed it.
My questions are…
- If you could only take one book to an island, which one would it be and why?
- eBooks or physical copies?
- Paperback or hardcover?
- Favorite book adaptation?
- Least favorite book adaptation?
- Favorite Netflix show?
- Favorite place to read?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Do you ever quit a book if you don’t like it?
- How many books are on your TBR?
- How did you get into book blogging?