I feel super lucky to have won this award for the fifth time! Thank you so much to Christine for nominating me!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
How old is your blog?
I started this blog at the very end of July this year! I’ve only been blogging for two and a bit months.
If you were to write a blog post about your home town or region’s literary claim to fame, what or who would it be about?
No one, there really isn’t any big author presence in my home town, sadly. I would love to be the first big author there!
What would be the number one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?
Interact with other bloggers whom you respect. You can learn and incredible amount from them and it’s awesome to have mutual supporters!
If you could have dinner with any fictional character, who would it be?
Mark Watney (The Martian), hands down. The amount of snark and jokes would be off the charts. Probably no potatoes at that dinner, though.
Do you like;
- all of the above
I like Print and eBooks. I’ve never really been able to get into audio books, I just find the narrators distracting a lot of the time.
What is your favorite gadget, accompaniment or accessory for reading?
My iPad is my favorite reading gadget! I can have a new book downloaded and ready to go in a matter of minutes.
What is your favorite regular feature or blog prompt (besides reviews)?
I really enjoy doing Top Ten Tuesday posts. They make me think about what I’m reading from different angles.
Do you ever DNF books, or do you always power through?
I do, not as much as I should though honestly. Life is too short to force your way through a book you’re not enjoying. Also, whenever I force my way through a bad book I end up putting myself into a reading slump, which is far from ideal.
What recently released book (last year or two) would you like to see made required reading in schools?
I would love to see Ready Player One made to be required reading. It’s a fun, classic adventure novel with a retro twist.
What book from the past would you like to see get renewed attention?
Either The Martian or Walt Disney: an American Original. The Martian is still super popular, but it doesn’t get talked about nearly as much as it used to.
Do you prefer short series, long series, or stand alone books?
These days I’ve really been preferring stand alone books. The series I have read lately have really dwindled in quality towards the end.
- If you could only take one book to an island, which one would it be and why?
- eBooks or physical copies?
- Paperback or hardcover?
- Favorite book adaptation?
- Least favorite book adaptation?
- Favorite Netflix show?
- Favorite place to read?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Do you ever quit a book if you don’t like it?
- How many books are on your TBR?
- How did you get into book blogging?