Hey guys! Welcome to Blogoween! Blogoween is a celebration of Halloween and all the cozy and spooky things that go with it. I’m hosting from the 18th to the 21st.
What are your top five thriller books?
What is Blogoween?
In the words of Clo – “A time for us book bloggers to take October, by it’s orangeness and go all Halloween, on it’s pumpkin self. Basically, get ready for Halloween themed posts from us through October! Some may be Autumn themed yet they’ll all be related back to books, blogging and/or writing.”
Top 5 Thriller Books:
- We Were Liars by E Lockhart – I recently read this one, and I didn’t have high hopes going in. I had seen early reviews that compared it to Pretty Little Liars, which really turned me off about the book. Fortunately, I found it on sale and bought it on a whim, and HOLY HOW DID I NOT READ THIS SOONER.
- Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts – I read this book as a review copy years ago. It’s basically a new take on a tired genre: what if the zombies weren’t so mindless (pun intended). It’s exhilarating and super underrated.
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty – This is a slow burning, mystery-unravels-as-you-read-it type of book. It’s suspenseful and oh-so fun.
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry – A good old fashioned zombie book. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but it’s well written and a fast paced read.
- Room by Emma Donoghue – Not a traditional thriller, but there’s a lot of heart pounding moments in this book. It’s also poignant and heartbreaking and I would recommend it to anyone.