Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About. Right now I’m not super up to speed with the latest releases (I took a few years off of serious reading, so I’m really playing catch up right now). I’m going to keep this list short this week because right now I’m more focusing on books that I missed in the last couple of years.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – I recently got this as part of a book box I subscribe to. While I’m hoping that it’ll turn out to be a great psychological thriller, I’m a little on the fence about whether it can deliver on the summary.
- I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella – Sophie Kinsella is VERY hit or miss for me. I either love or hate her books – there is not in between for me. I am very much hoping that this one is a hit for me.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – I have yet to read any of Leigh’s books. With all of the hype surrounding them, I’m not sure if I really want to start with her latest book or start with one of her older ones.
- Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi – I’ve been reading the Shatter Me series since before they came out. Shatter Me was one of the first ever ARCs I received, and has held a special place in my heart since (love that original cover art!). While I loved the early entries in this series, I am a little concerned that it might have gone on for too long.
- On The Come Up by Angie Thomas – I’m torn for whether I should start with this book or The Hate U Give. I’m sure this one will be good, but I’m a little nervous about whether it will be able to live up to The Hate U Give’s hype.