Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is Settings I’d Like to See More Of (Or At All). There are definitely some places that I’ve traveled over the years that I am shocked I don’t read more books set in.
- Tuscany – a few popular books are set in Rome, but it seems like Tuscany never quite gets the amazing stories set there that it deserves.
- South Korea – it’s a vibrant and interesting city, and would make for a great book back drop.
- Libraries in general – very few books use libraries as a primary setting. Having worked in a library, I can assure you that it is far more action packed and interesting than you might expect.
- Malta – it’s a gorgeous island that could work as the setting for basically any kind of story, but I’ve never heard of any books set there.
- Vancouver – it’s an amazing multicultural city – plus in less than an hour drive you can be in the wilderness, up a mountain, or in a world class nature park.