Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader. This week’s topic is: Back to School/Learning. High school was a very formative time for me, and I read a lot of books back then. There were days I would bring two novels to school. Teachers knew I read so much that they would let me read in the back of the class and generally ignore the lesson (it sounds bad, but I turned out fine, I promise). This week I’m just going to talk about five books/series:
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I know I bring this book up a lot, but it takes place in a French boarding school, so it totally fits the school theme.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It takes place in a university and it’s about a shy girl finding herself. What’s not to love.
- Harry Potter. IT’S A MAGICAL SCHOOL AND IT NEVER EVER GETS OLD.
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan. Technically it focuses on a camp, but it’s such a good series, that I’m going to count it as a school.
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. This is a book that kept me thinking about it for a long time after I finished the last page. I loved how raw and honest and real it was (Ps – the first season of the Netflix show was good, don’t watch the second season).